Thursday, November 6, 2014

6 years in Canada

Hello Dear Readers!!

Our family crossed the 6th year mark in Canada this July. In some ways it feels less than that..and in others ways it feels like more.

Before I continue..here are some gorgeous pictures of Fall.








Fall is such a beautiful season...with the leaves turning every shade of yellow, red, orange and green that you can think of. Lasting just a few weeks, soon those same leaves are all lying on the ground and being blown away....setting the tone for Winter.

I would like to take this time to thank all of you who have been emailing and letting me know about your individual stories and situations.  From immigrating to Canada and all your doubts, questions and queries. I hope I have answered all of you...and in case you didn't hear from me yet...please do send me a reminder.

When I first started this blog in 2008 I had more emails from readers in India, Pakistan and Singapore. Now I have emails from Europe, the Middle East and even South Africa!

Most emails are about housing costs, bringing up children in North America who are from a different culture and jobs. Jobs are the number one concern, since unlike the US, immigrants can land in Canada without having secured a job first.

Winter is something else a lot of people ask about...."Just how cold does it get??".

So...if you have a question or doubt of your own, or would just like to tell me about your experience. Please write to me at chutney2maplesyrup@gmail.com

Thank you for reading and have a great day!




No comments: